1/5 Photos of Pan Fried Tilapia With Lime Basil Beurre Blanc on a Bed of Wilt
This is an excellent company entree and as good as any you will find in any first class restaurant. Why go out when you can eat this good at home, for half the price. Another entry in the RSC Winter 2005 contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 269.32 g skinless tilapia fillets, approx
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml unsalted butter
For the Sauce
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 354.88 ml white wine
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 44.37 ml minced shallots
- 14.79 ml cream
- 170.09 g unsalted butter
- 59.16 ml fresh basil, julienned
For the Spinach
- 1For the sauce; combine the lime juice, wine, garlic and shallots in a wide pan, bring to a boil and reduce to 1/4 the volume.
- 2Pour into a bowl and stir in the cream.
- 3Whisk in the butter, 1 TBS at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- 4Stir in the fresh basil and hold the sauce in a warm place until ready to serve.
- 5For the spinach, slice the garlic into thin slivers.
- 6Heat a large saute pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- 7Add the butter and, when half of it has melted, add the garlic.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, for about 45 seconds or until the garlic is tender and fragrant.
- 9Add the spinach leaves, and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Use tongs or a spatula to stir the spinach so it cooks evenly.
- 11Remove from heat when all spinach leaves have wilted, setting aside to keep warm while you cook the fish.
- 12Divide the fillets into 4 pieces.
- 13Sprinkle lightly with the salt, sugar, pepper and paprika.
- 14Place a large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- 15When hot add the oil and butter.
- 16When the butter begins to melt, swirl to coat the pan.
- 17Place the fish in the pan and cook for 5 minutes; turning gently until fish flakes easily, do not over cook.
- 18To serve, place the spinach in an attractive mound on a heated plate, top with the fish fillets and spoon sauce over.
- 19Serve at once!
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Tilapia With Lime Basil Beurre Blanc on a Bed of Wilt
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1423.1
- Calories from Fat 1136
- Total Fat 126.2 g
- Saturated Fat 76.9 g
- Cholesterol 385.5 mg
- Sodium 103.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g