Another very simple recipe...and a healthy one as well.
Make and share this Pan Fried Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- Warm up olive oil in a 10" or 12" skillet.
- Mix the corn meal and Old Bay seasoning thoroughly, then spread out on a platter.
- Coat tilapia fillets lightly, but thoroughly with corn meal and Old Bay mixture.
- Lay coated fillets in hot olive oil (medium-medium high heat) and cook until golden on the bottom, then turn fillets over and repeat.
- Do not overcook the fish--it's easy to do.
- While fillets are cooking, combine Miracle Whip, sweet relish, and lemon juice and stir until well blended, then serve with the fish.
- It's quick, easy, and doesn't require a lot of cleanup.
- Steamed carrots or broccoli and some form of potatoes go well with this.
This is great! I purchased 6 - yes, 6 - pounds of Tilapia filets without ever having tasted it. We got it yesterday, so today I made a couple for lunch using your recipe. Delicious! And you're right - quick and easy. I'm not a fan of anything that resembles tartar sauce, so I had mine "as is" with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. I'm planning on making this for my Kiddo for lunch tomorrow - she's gonna love it. Thanks!
Quick, easy, delicious. What's not to love about this dish?
Delish! I would cut he seasoning/cornmeal in half next time. I also substituted the olive oil with canola since olive oil can't handle high heat at all.