Recipe by Cattleships
Another very simple recipe...and a healthy one as well.
Top Review by HEP MEP
This is great! I purchased 6 - yes, 6 - pounds of Tilapia filets without ever having tasted it. We got it yesterday, so today I made a couple for lunch using your recipe. Delicious! And you're right - quick and easy. I'm not a fan of anything that resembles tartar sauce, so I had mine "as is" with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. I'm planning on making this for my Kiddo for lunch tomorrow - she's gonna love it. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (good quality extra virgin)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Warm up olive oil in a 10" or 12" skillet.
- Mix the corn meal and Old Bay seasoning thoroughly, then spread out on a platter.
- Coat tilapia fillets lightly, but thoroughly with corn meal and Old Bay mixture.
- Lay coated fillets in hot olive oil (medium-medium high heat) and cook until golden on the bottom, then turn fillets over and repeat.
- Do not overcook the fish--it's easy to do.
- While fillets are cooking, combine Miracle Whip, sweet relish, and lemon juice and stir until well blended, then serve with the fish.
- It's quick, easy, and doesn't require a lot of cleanup.
- Steamed carrots or broccoli and some form of potatoes go well with this.