1/1 Photo of Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
I like coming up with new ways to serve foods so that I don't get bored with the same dishes all of the time. I decided to try preparing my sweet potatoes in various ways and this is one that I came up with. Very simple and can be modified to suit your taste. The recipe is enough for two generous servings for adults. The potatoes will not be as crispy as regular potatoes because of the texture difference so be sure to not overcook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice sweet potatoes no thicker than 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Place pan on medium heat to begin warming. While waiting dice onion and prepare garlic.
- 3Place oil in pan and add potatoes, garlic, and onions and then coat well(be sure that oil is not left to heat up or it will scorch the onions and garlic).
- 4Sprinkle salt and pepper just after adding other ingredients to the pan.
- 5Allow the potatoes to cook for a few minutes and check for browning. Keep temperature from getting too hot.
- 6Stir occasionally until potatoes are to your desired doneness (approx 10 minutes for me.
- 7Turn off heat and add brown sugar while still hot. Stir well and serve.
- 8* variation* try using butter instead of olive oil for a more sweet and traditional flavor.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g