Recipe by LaLa Lola
I found this recipe on Internet. I used chopped red onions since I did not have shallots on hand. I love using balsamic vinegar and the glaze is really tasty.
- 4 filet of beef, about 1 1/2 inch thick (or small steaks of your choice)
- coarse salt (Kosher)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put coarse (Kosher) salt in iron skillet.
- Heat skillet over high heat.
- When salt begins to sizzle or jump, place steaks in pan.
- Sear until crusty for about 3 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and sear again for about 3-4 minutes (for rare).
- Add another minute or two to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks to platter; keep warm.
- Add chopped onion to pan; stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add balsamic vinegar; boil until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add 3 Tbsps butter; swirl to melt.
- Add black pepper.
- Pour glaze over warm steaks and serve immediately.