1/4 Photos of Pan Fried Steak with Sauce
Baby Kato's Note:
My family loves this steak dish. It Reminds us of roast beef and gravy. It is very easy to vary this dish. (add your favourite mushrooms and sherry or dry red wine, or try substituting boneless rib steak or beef tenderloin for the sirloin and enjoy)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups small brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (or dijon mustard)
- 1/8 cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 1Rub salt and pepper on both sides of steak.
- 2In large pan melt butter and brown steak well on both sides.
- 3(2-3 minutes per side-- do not cut down on browning time as this really contributes to the overall flavour of the dish) Remove steak and set aside.
- 4Reduce heat to med-high add remaining butter, garlic, onion, mushrooms and thyme, (stir for 10 minutes) until mushrooms start to brown.
- 5Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add in beef stock, milk and horseradish.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, stir for 5 minutes until sauce thickness.
- 8Add steak and juice, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Let steak rest for 5 minutes while you season the sauce with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Slice steak thinly across the grain, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Steak with Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.2 mg
- Sodium 488.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 37.5 g