Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These steaks are quick, and good enough to serve company!
- 4 (453.59 g) beef tenderloin steaks (or similar lean and tender cut of beef)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml black pepper, coarsely ground
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 78.07 ml beef broth
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml oil
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of steaks and pat to rub in.
- Place oil in medium skillet (non-stick is best) and heat over medium high heat until hot.
- Add steaks, cook to desired doneness, turning once (about 6 to 12 minutes).
- Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Add wine and broth, bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove steaks from skillet.
- Whisk in mustard until sauce is well blended.
- Serve sauce over steaks.
Very tasty, rich, and easy to make sauce. I made this with eye of round steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I only made two steaks, but made more sauce than 2 steaks worth and had the rest as gravy over the potatoes. I agree - this is definitely something nice enough to serve for company. Next time I make it, though, I think I'll grill the steaks and cook the sauce by itself.
Terri F., this recipe has such wonderful flavor! It was so easy to pull together with things you always have around. I was in the mood for a pan fried steak. I used the Kansas City Heart Healthy steaks and butterflied them to help them cook faster. I wisked the mustard in with the broth and wine. I also kept the steaks in and basted in the sauce. The only thing I added was a few mushrooms because the needed to be used. THNAKS for an MM GOOD recipe.
There were strip loin steaks on sale and I wanted a good old pan fried steak! I am happy that I chose your recipe - it is easy and tasty. I changed one step I whisked the mustard in with the broth and the wine added that to the pan with the steak still in the pan, let it come to a simmer and everything was ready - The steak was tender medium rare just the way I like it, mushrooms (another addition by me)cooked and the sauce was immediately poured over boiled potatoes then fork mashed. My steak craving was satisfied thenks Terri for a lovely dinner.