Recipe by Terri F.
These steaks are quick, and good enough to serve company!
Top Review by ChrisMc
Very tasty, rich, and easy to make sauce. I made this with eye of round steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I only made two steaks, but made more sauce than 2 steaks worth and had the rest as gravy over the potatoes. I agree - this is definitely something nice enough to serve for company. Next time I make it, though, I think I'll grill the steaks and cook the sauce by itself.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (or similar lean and tender cut of beef)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of steaks and pat to rub in.
- Place oil in medium skillet (non-stick is best) and heat over medium high heat until hot.
- Add steaks, cook to desired doneness, turning once (about 6 to 12 minutes).
- Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Add wine and broth, bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove steaks from skillet.
- Whisk in mustard until sauce is well blended.
- Serve sauce over steaks.