Every Day with Rachael Ray, December-January 2009 edition.I love spinach and therefore if there are 101 recipes that have it - then 101 recipes I'd try! This is easy and it tastes so good!;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces spinach
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese or 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 48 wonton wrappers (from a 12-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought tomato sauce & mushrooms, warmed, for serving
- chopped parsley, for sprinkling
- 1In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes; drain, rinse until cool, then squeeze dry.
- 3Chop and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 4Using the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil the onion & crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and cook, stirring, over medium high heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir into the spinach, along with the cream cheese, parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 6Lay 12 wonton wrappers on a work surface; place 1 tablespoon of the spinach filling in the center of each.
- 7Working with 1 at a time, moisten the edges with water and lay another wrapper on top; seal the edges, pressing out any air.
- 8Repeat with the remaining wrappers and spinach filling.
- 9Using the same skillet, bring 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt to a boil.
- 10Add 12 ravioli, cover and cook until tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- 11Repeat with the remaining ravioli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, more water and another pinch of salt.
- 12Spoon the tomato sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Spinach Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.0
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 915.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce & mushrooms