Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very easy starter and very tasty! The scallops are cooked in the fat and juices from the bacon and they take on a lovely browned colour.
- The amount of scallops depends on their size, and of course, how much you want to eat!
- Scallops (no shell) with their roe if you can get them, as the nice orange colour of the roe looks good and more important it tastes good!
- Streaky bacon is best because of the fat in it. You want about 3 or 4 rashers each.
- Fry the bacon in a pan over a moderate heat until nice and brown and only just starting to get crispy.
- With the bacon still in the pan, add the scallops and move them about in the pan to get them nicley coated with all the pan juices. They will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
- It's as simple as that! Serve immediately.