1/1 Photo of Pan Fried Scallops and Bacon
A very easy starter and very tasty! The scallops are cooked in the fat and juices from the bacon and they take on a lovely browned colour.
My Private Note
- 1The amount of scallops depends on their size, and of course, how much you want to eat!
- 2Scallops (no shell) with their roe if you can get them, as the nice orange colour of the roe looks good and more important it tastes good!
- 3Streaky bacon is best because of the fat in it. You want about 3 or 4 rashers each.
- 4Fry the bacon in a pan over a moderate heat until nice and brown and only just starting to get crispy.
- 5With the bacon still in the pan, add the scallops and move them about in the pan to get them nicley coated with all the pan juices. They will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
- 6It's as simple as that! Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Scallops and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 663.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 17.9 g