Recipe by kimcroft
Top Review by Cook4_6
This recipe is very good, but I made some changes for my taste. Next time I would increase the cream, and decrease the cream cheese by 1/4-1/2. I would also increase the pesto. Overall it was a great way to serve salmon and there is enough sauce to toss over pasta as a side dish.
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring salmon to room temperature about 15 minutes before cooking. Heat a large skillet with oil over medium-low heat. Season fish with salt and pepper, and place salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, and flip over on the other side, this should take about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- In a small pot add half and half, pesto, and cream cheese, stir together well over low heat until the cream cheese sauce is combined well.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of the pesto cream cheese sauce over the salmon. You may want to serve with a lemon slice along with the fish.