1/1 Photo of Pan-Fried Salmon With Cannellini Bean Purée
kelly in TO's Note:
This is so good, healthy and really quite easy to put together, and of course, it's low-gi! Recipe by Rachael Anne Hill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 75 g rocket
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, lightly rinsed
- 50 g watercress
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 salmon fillets, about 200 g each, trimmed and boned
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Cannellini bean puree
- 1Reserve a few rocket leaves for serving then put the remaining rocket, spinach and watercress in a salad bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- 2To make the cannellini bean purée, put the beans, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, oil and 2 tablespoons of water in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then process to a smooth, soft purée. Add a little more water, if necessary. Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until piping hot. Alternatively, put the purée in a microwaveable bowl, cover and cook on high for about 4 minutes, stirring halfway through, until piping hot. Let stand for 1 minute before serving.
- 3Meanwhile, to cook the salmon fillets, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the garlic and fry gently for 1 minute. Add the salmon and cook for 5–8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- 4Drizzle the salad with a little balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss well. Put a spoonful of cannellini bean purée on each of 4 warmed serving plates. Put the reserved rocket leaves on top, followed by the salmon. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately with the salad.
- 5Variation: The bean purée would be delicious with most grilled foods. Try chicken, turkey, large prawns or tuna. Use other beans or a mixture of two or three types and keep the purée slightly chunky, if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Salmon With Cannellini Bean Purée
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 75.5 g