Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different way to have chicken and a way to get rice in your meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- First, trim excess fat from thighs.
- Combine flour, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together and place in a bowl for dipping.
- Heat butter in skillet on stove on medium/high heat.
- Lightly flour each chicken on both sides then place in skillet.
- Combine cream of chicken and water then set aside.
- Cook in skillet for around 8-14 minutes turning a few times.
- When cooked thoroughly, slide chicken all to one side and add the wet mixture. Stir the mixture in and slide the chicken back.
- Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes.
Other than using diced chicken breasts, I made as recipe for a very easy and enjoyable dinner, served over rice. Oh, I did add sliced mushrooms, I had them and thought it might make a pleasant addition. I used a tomato rice recipe to accompany, rather than plain rice, but I'm quite sure that would have been equally good! Thank you nochlo, much enjoyed, made for PRMR tag game
This is really good comfort food -- is there anything better than pan-fried chicken with rice and gravy??? I make a similar dish with pork chops so the chicken was a nice change. Kids will love this dish as much as the adults. Made for PRMR, July, 2013.
This was a quick and easy recipe that was perfect for my chicken and rice lovin' DH! Made with 4 b/s chicken thighs; I mixed the flour and seasonings in a zipper bag and shook the chicken in it. I should have reduced the amount of butter since I used less chicken but the butter mixed in with the soup and gave it a golden brown color and deeper flavor. Served over rice pilaf with some green beans. Made for Spring PAC 2013.