Recipe by nochlo
A different way to have chicken and a way to get rice in your meal.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Other than using diced chicken breasts, I made as recipe for a very easy and enjoyable dinner, served over rice. Oh, I did add sliced mushrooms, I had them and thought it might make a pleasant addition. I used a tomato rice recipe to accompany, rather than plain rice, but I'm quite sure that would have been equally good! Thank you nochlo, much enjoyed, made for PRMR tag game
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- First, trim excess fat from thighs.
- Combine flour, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together and place in a bowl for dipping.
- Heat butter in skillet on stove on medium/high heat.
- Lightly flour each chicken on both sides then place in skillet.
- Combine cream of chicken and water then set aside.
- Cook in skillet for around 8-14 minutes turning a few times.
- When cooked thoroughly, slide chicken all to one side and add the wet mixture. Stir the mixture in and slide the chicken back.
- Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes.