Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are best if made in a cast-iron skillet. Plan ahead the steaks need to come down to almost room temperature before starting this recipe. This recipe can easily be doubled but you will have to make it in two batches.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 2 rib eye steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- vegetable oil (for rubbing on steaks)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and let sit out until almost room temperature, this may take about 1-1/2 hours depending on how cold your meat is.
- In a small cup or bowl mix the salt, curry powder and black pepper together.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel then lightly brush on oil all over the steaks.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt/curry mixture.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking (no need to grease the pan the steaks already have oil on them).
- Sear the steaks about 4 minutes on each side or until until medium-rare or desired doneness; transfer the steaks to a plate and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the water to the skillet and deglaze pan by boiling, scraping up any browned bits until reduced to about 2 tablespoons; spoon the juices over the steaks.