Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter loves prawns and couscous so this is the perfect combination. Very easy to make as well.
- 12 large prawns, shelled, deveined, tails left
- 250 g couscous
- 12 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 12 pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coriander, leave (to garnish)
- lime wedge, to serve
- Place prawns in bowl season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place couscous in shallow bowl and cover with 300ml boiling water. Season, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer couscous to another bowl and rub with fingers to get rid of lumps. Toss through dried fruit, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and 1 tbs oil.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in frying pan. Add prawns in batches and cook until pink.
- Serve prawns with couscous, coriander leaves and limes wedges.