Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
OH so good!
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, for seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, smashed (or garlic salt)
- Wash potato and slice very thin.
- Place directly in a heated frypan with oil.
- Season with garlic (or garlic salt) and turmeric.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced onion and cook for another 4 minutes.
This is just the ticket for the odd occasion when I am dining alone - quick, easy and spicy enough without salt. Being the garlaholic that I am, I used garlic oil for fying. And another big plus is that the recipe is easy enough to remember without having to refer to a printed copy. First class, Dorothy.
I never knew that turmeric could be used on potatoes like this. I love this recipe and have been adding turmeric to my raw fries ever since. Thank you.
SOOOOOOO Good! I love Turmeric. One just has to be careful not to use too much or things get bitter. Since I already had 2 large skillets on the stove and no more room for a third one. I did them in the oven at 375F for about 30 min. I used all the ingredients as directed and tossed them together. Then spread them on a foil lined baking sheet. You did not list salt and pepper, but without that we would not have enjoyed it as much as we did. Thanks.