Recipe by Inge 1505
A quick German favorite from leftover potatoes. The tricks to sucess are cold potatoes, a good non-stick pan and PATIENCE. - Make it a main dish by using onion and bacon or a side with potatoes only. Good with fried meat. Best use firm potatoes, others might cook to mush.
Top Review by Bergy
I used sliced canned potatoes, well drained. Only used a spray of canola oil on each side of the slices and they browned beautifully -Had the elec stove set at 6 and it took about 10 minutes each side. Lovely do again recipe
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 ounces bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into evenly thick slices (about 3/16 in ).
- Use a large pan that will hold potatoes in a single layer or use two pans.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- If using bacon and onion fry together until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes, stir once to mix and then be patient!
- DON'T stir until potatoes are nicely golden brown on the bottom, 3-5 minutes, only check for color occasionally.
- Sprinkle with half the salt. Use less salt when using bacon.
- Turn and fry the same way on the other side until nicely gold-brown.
- You might need to add a little more oil to the pan if all the oil is soaked up by the potatoes.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.