1/3 Photos of Pan-Fried Potatoes (Bratkartoffeln)
Inge 1505's Note:
A quick German favorite from leftover potatoes. The tricks to sucess are cold potatoes, a good non-stick pan and PATIENCE. - Make it a main dish by using onion and bacon or a side with potatoes only. Good with fried meat. Best use firm potatoes, others might cook to mush.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 ounces bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1Cut potatoes into evenly thick slices (about 3/16 in ).
- 2Use a large pan that will hold potatoes in a single layer or use two pans.
- 3Heat oil over medium high heat.
- 4If using bacon and onion fry together until onion is translucent.
- 5Add potatoes, stir once to mix and then be patient!
- 6DON'T stir until potatoes are nicely golden brown on the bottom, 3-5 minutes, only check for color occasionally.
- 7Sprinkle with half the salt. Use less salt when using bacon.
- 8Turn and fry the same way on the other side until nicely gold-brown.
- 9You might need to add a little more oil to the pan if all the oil is soaked up by the potatoes.
- 10Taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Potatoes (Bratkartoffeln)
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g