The way my mom always made 'em. I serve these with smoked sausage or kielbasa. These are NOT hash browns, and will not be crispy
- In a skillet, melt bacon fat.
- Add onions and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, and paprika (there should be enough to make potatoes almost orange).
- Fry, covered, over medium heat until soft and tender.
- If it starts sticking and forming a crust on the bottom, turn the heat down and add a little water.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and we enjoyed them.
AMAZING! I can't believe that I've never made these before! I added a little bit of garlic powder also like another reviewer, and they turned out great!!!!
Yum! Easy and good. I let these brown a little more since I like the crunch on the outside of the potatoes. Thanks papergoddess for a nice treat. Made for Cookbook Tag.