Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make and great with Linda's Pressure Cooker Lima Beans or any other beans! Leave out the butter and it is vegan!
- Microwave the potatoes or use leftover baked potatoes (Recipe #280220) and set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel the potatoes and slice about 1/3 inch thick in rounds.
- Heat oil and butter in pan and when butter stops sizzling start cooking the onion but don't let them brown much.
- I use a 9" preheated cast iron pan for this recipe.
- Add potatoes to the pan and put a lid on it over medium low heat until the potatoes are starting to brown on the bottom, and then remove the lid and continue browning. Add salt and pepper on top of the potatoes.
- When the bottom of the potatoes are brown enough for you (should be mahogany colored) put a plate over the pan and flip the potatoes out. Slide the potatoes back into the pan (first add a little butter if it needs it) and brown the potatoes. Do not replace the pan lid.
- Slide potatoes onto a platter and sprinkle with paprika. Cut into wedges and serve with eggs, beans, what you like.
So yummy. Next time I'll try with bacon grease to give more flavor. I cooked the potatoes a little bit too much and they were too soft. But they had a great flavor with the crispy onion. Thanks Secret Agent :) Made for PAC spring 2011