Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm about to move so I'm posting all the recipes I have found written on scrap paper around my desk. I don't know where they're from or how long they take, I just don't want to lose them in the move.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut in 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- Peel and julienne potatoes into 3"x1/8" strips.
- Heat oil in a 10-12" sautee pan over high heat until oil begins to smoke.
- Add potatoes to pan all at once and press down with back of spatula; quickly jerk pan back and forth for 1 minute to prevent sticking.
- Lower heat to medium, wait 1 minute, then put butter around sides of pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook 10 minutes, pressing down every few minutes with spatula.
- Flip pancake: Hold cake back with spatula and drain butter into a small bowl. Tilt pan away from you and jerk it up and toward you rapidly.
- ***If you are not comfortable flipping it that way, invert it onto a plate and slide it carefully back into the pan***.
- Pour reserved butter back into pan, add more salt and pepper if desired and cook 10 minutes more.
- Drain excess butter, cut in wedges and serve.