I'm about to move so I'm posting all the recipes I have found written on scrap paper around my desk. I don't know where they're from or how long they take, I just don't want to lose them in the move.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and julienne potatoes into 3"x1/8" strips.
- 2Heat oil in a 10-12" sautee pan over high heat until oil begins to smoke.
- 3Add potatoes to pan all at once and press down with back of spatula; quickly jerk pan back and forth for 1 minute to prevent sticking.
- 4Lower heat to medium, wait 1 minute, then put butter around sides of pan.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook 10 minutes, pressing down every few minutes with spatula.
- 6Flip pancake: Hold cake back with spatula and drain butter into a small bowl. Tilt pan away from you and jerk it up and toward you rapidly.
- 7***If you are not comfortable flipping it that way, invert it onto a plate and slide it carefully back into the pan***.
- 8Pour reserved butter back into pan, add more salt and pepper if desired and cook 10 minutes more.
- 9Drain excess butter, cut in wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Potato Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g