Recipe by babybuffalo
I found this on azcentral.com. We tried it last night and it was so tasty! Very easy to make, also.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I love balsamic chicken with either onions or mushrooms but had not considered this combination with pork until seeing this recipe. So obvious and yet easy to overlook. The results are just as wonderful and easy to prepare. My only two suggestions are to wipe the pan between cooking the chops and onions and to double up on the onions as they will go fast. Thanks!! Made for Pick A Chef - Fall 2008.
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound pork chops to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Move to a plate and cover with foil or an upside-down plate to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion to pan, cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Spoon onions over pork and serve.