Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The key is the celery seeds.
- 4 1⁄4 lbs pork steaks, deboned
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly rendered lard or 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups paprika gravy
- Debone the pork steaks and pound out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Rub both sides of the steak with the celery seeds.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the pork in the seasoned flour and pan-fry in lard over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with Paprika Gravy.