1/2 Photos of Pan-Fried Pork Fillet Pear Chips and Mashed Kumara and Carrot
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a wonderful tasting dish it is a little more time consuming because of frying the pear slices, but the end result is well worth it. The entire meal can still be on the table in 40-45 minutes, so it not that huge of a recipe either. My hubby really enjoys this one and you will be surprised how tender the pork comes out cooking on the stove in this manner, as I usually marinate and roast pork or have a basting sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g pork fillets
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (add as few or as many seeds as you like)
- 1 cup pear juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 medium pears
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Kumara and Carrot Mash
- 1Make pear chips first, slice pears with v-slicer or mandoline.
- 2Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large frying pan, shallow fry pear slices, in batches, until crisp, drain on absorbent paper.
- 4While kumara and carrot are cooking, heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan add pork fillet and brown on all sides.
- 5Turn heat down, cook covered an extra 15-20 minutes or until cooked as desired. (remember pork will keep cooking whilst standing).
- 6Remove pork and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- 7In the same pan add chili, pear juice and vinegar,bring to the boil, add stock reduce heat to a simmer.
- 8Mix a little water with cornflour, add to sauce and stir until mixture thickens, serve with pork.
- 9Kumara and Carrot Mash.
- 10Before you start the pork heat some water in a pan add chopped kumara and carrot boil until tender, drain.
- 11Add kumara, carrot, butter and cream to a large bowl and mash until smooth, stir in sage and pepper.
- 12Mash can be reheated in a microwave so this could be made ahead of time if desired.
- 13To Serve: Slice pork thickly place atop pear chips and serve mash on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Pork Fillet Pear Chips and Mashed Kumara and Carrot
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.3
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 607.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: