Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southen Living.
- 4 (680.38 g) pork chops
- 9.85 ml creole seasoning
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 118.29 ml water
- Sprinkle pork chops with creole seasoning.
- Dredge pork chops in flour, shaking off excess.
- Cook pork chops in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over med-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add in onions and water, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet; saute 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Return pork chops to skillet; lower heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
This was great. For the liquid, I used half lite beer and half water. Tony Chacheres seasoning for the creole. Yum.
Turned out excellent! I rubbed my chops with mustard, thyme, galic powder and salt n pepper. Then cooked in oil 3 mins each side for thin cut. Removed, then added butter and sautee onions 2 mins, then added chops back in and covered for 5 mins.! Thanks! Will make again. See picture
Delicious! Followed the other reviewers and cooked onions in butter. Otherwise, made exactly as written. DH gave it 2 thumbs up. Will definitely make again.