Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great economical recipe to stretch ham or use leftover ham.
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 12 potato & cheese pierogies
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- Thaw pierogies in hot tap water in a large bowl; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until slightly softened.
- Add ham and pierogies and fry until brown and crisp.
- Add additional butter as needed.
This reminds me of the polish meals my parents used to make when I was a kid. Like another suggestion, I used kielbasa instead of ham and used more pierogies since we have a big family. I also added some garlic to the onions. I ended up having to split this up between two large cast iron pans to get everything to brown to my liking.
Dinner could not have been easier with this on the menu! Thanks for posting this for all to enjoy!
Really easy recipe! This was our first time ever having/making pierogies and they turned out wonderful! I served them with some beans on the side. Wonderful meal! Very easy! Thanks for sharing!