Recipe by KissKiss
I use Costco's brand (Santarelli's) to make this recipe. The box has 96 oz. split into two bags. I use about half a bag (24 oz). Whatever brand you buy, just make sure the pierogies have a thick pasta shell. If they're too thin, they can tear during the pan-frying. Also, it's good to use a soft spatula (one that can withstand high heat) to turn the pierogies over.
- 24 ounces frozen pierogies stuffed with potato and white cheddar cheese (see note above for brand recommendation)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced thick
- salt and pepper, to taste (or Paula Deen's House Seasonsing, recipe on Zaar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pierogies. Cook 4-5 minutes or until they float the top, drain.
- In a large NON-STICK fry pan, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add onion and drained pierogies and season to taste with salt and pepper or House Seasoning.
- Cook over high heat until the onion is soft and browned and pierogies are nicely browned. The pasta shell will get a little crunchy - it's delish!
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.