1/18 Photos of Pan Fried Paprika, Garlic and Lemon Dijon Chicken Breasts
12 hrs 45 mins
French Tart's Note:
Stunningly easy but really impressive recipe! Simply marinade the chicken breasts in the sauce & pan fry them for an elegant but simple supper! Serve with rice, pasta or a medley of fresh seasonal vegetables with steamed new potatoes.This is one of my "fail safe" recipes - it is also brilliant on the Barbeque or oven baked! Also great with roasted Cherry Tomatoes. You can also use lean pork chops for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons French Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of, unwaxed grated
- 2 -4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Grate the lemons and then squeeze them to extract the juice.
- 2Mix the lemon rind, juice, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, pepper & smoke paprika together until well blended.
- 3Coat the chicken breasts with the sauce - or even better, place ALL the ingredients including the chicken into a Zip Lock bag.
- 4Can be put in the fridge for up to 24 hours until needed OR can be frozen at this stage.
- 5If pan frying - heat the olive oil gently and add the chicken breasts.
- 6Cook on a high heat until they are browned and sealed - then cook gently for up to 20 minutes until juices run clear when pierced.
- 7At this stage you can add the optional creme fraiche or sour cream for a creamier sauce.
- 8The oven roasted cherry tomatoes can also be added to the pan to reheat them slightly.
- 9Sprinkle with some more smoked paprika before serving & fresh parsley. Garnish with a lemon wedge if required.
- 10Serve with fresh seasonal vegetables, steamed potatoes or rice & pasta.
- 11OVEN BAKED VERSION: Preheat oven to 200 C or 400 F; coat the oven proof pan with the olive oil and heat it up slightly beforehand.
- 12Place chicken breasts with all the sauce into the pan.
- 13Turn over once during cooking which should take 30 to 45 minutes.
- 14Add creme fraiche at this stage if using and scrape all the sauce from around the edges into the creamy sauce.
- 15Cook for a further 2-5 minutes.
- 16Serve as for pan-fried version.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Paprika, Garlic and Lemon Dijon Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French Dijon mustard