Recipe by French Tart
Stunningly easy but really impressive recipe! Simply marinade the chicken breasts in the sauce & pan fry them for an elegant but simple supper! Serve with rice, pasta or a medley of fresh seasonal vegetables with steamed new potatoes.This is one of my "fail safe" recipes - it is also brilliant on the Barbeque or oven baked! Also great with roasted Cherry Tomatoes. You can also use lean pork chops for this recipe.
Top Review by RedRacer
This was amazing! I made this recipe with Tilapia instead of chicken, added about a 1/4 cp of whole wheat flour to the mix, roasted veggies & whole wheat rotini pasta as a side & everyone loved it. To have my family love the fish is a major accomplishment, so 2 thumbs up for sure!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons French Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of, unwaxed grated
- 2 -4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche or 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes, on the vine pre cooked by roasting them in a very hot oven until charred & just holding their shape
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the lemons and then squeeze them to extract the juice.
- Mix the lemon rind, juice, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, pepper & smoke paprika together until well blended.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the sauce - or even better, place ALL the ingredients including the chicken into a Zip Lock bag.
- Can be put in the fridge for up to 24 hours until needed OR can be frozen at this stage.
- If pan frying - heat the olive oil gently and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook on a high heat until they are browned and sealed - then cook gently for up to 20 minutes until juices run clear when pierced.
- At this stage you can add the optional creme fraiche or sour cream for a creamier sauce.
- The oven roasted cherry tomatoes can also be added to the pan to reheat them slightly.
- Sprinkle with some more smoked paprika before serving & fresh parsley. Garnish with a lemon wedge if required.
- Serve with fresh seasonal vegetables, steamed potatoes or rice & pasta.
- OVEN BAKED VERSION: Preheat oven to 200 C or 400 F; coat the oven proof pan with the olive oil and heat it up slightly beforehand.
- Place chicken breasts with all the sauce into the pan.
- Turn over once during cooking which should take 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add creme fraiche at this stage if using and scrape all the sauce from around the edges into the creamy sauce.
- Cook for a further 2-5 minutes.
- Serve as for pan-fried version.