Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Stunningly easy but really impressive recipe! Simply marinade the chicken breasts in the sauce & pan fry them for an elegant but simple supper! Serve with rice, pasta or a medley of fresh seasonal vegetables with steamed new potatoes.This is one of my "fail safe" recipes - it is also brilliant on the Barbeque or oven baked! Also great with roasted Cherry Tomatoes. You can also use lean pork chops for this recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons French Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of, unwaxed grated
- 2 -4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche or 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes, on the vine pre cooked by roasting them in a very hot oven until charred & just holding their shape
- Grate the lemons and then squeeze them to extract the juice.
- Mix the lemon rind, juice, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, pepper & smoke paprika together until well blended.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the sauce - or even better, place ALL the ingredients including the chicken into a Zip Lock bag.
- Can be put in the fridge for up to 24 hours until needed OR can be frozen at this stage.
- If pan frying - heat the olive oil gently and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook on a high heat until they are browned and sealed - then cook gently for up to 20 minutes until juices run clear when pierced.
- At this stage you can add the optional creme fraiche or sour cream for a creamier sauce.
- The oven roasted cherry tomatoes can also be added to the pan to reheat them slightly.
- Sprinkle with some more smoked paprika before serving & fresh parsley. Garnish with a lemon wedge if required.
- Serve with fresh seasonal vegetables, steamed potatoes or rice & pasta.
- OVEN BAKED VERSION: Preheat oven to 200 C or 400 F; coat the oven proof pan with the olive oil and heat it up slightly beforehand.
- Place chicken breasts with all the sauce into the pan.
- Turn over once during cooking which should take 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add creme fraiche at this stage if using and scrape all the sauce from around the edges into the creamy sauce.
- Cook for a further 2-5 minutes.
- Serve as for pan-fried version.
This was amazing! I made this recipe with Tilapia instead of chicken, added about a 1/4 cp of whole wheat flour to the mix, roasted veggies & whole wheat rotini pasta as a side & everyone loved it. To have my family love the fish is a major accomplishment, so 2 thumbs up for sure!
This is a very flavorful and delicious dish. I scaled it back to two servings and it turned out well. I used the sour cream option and served the chicken along with buttermilk mashed potatoes and a salad.
Made this for dinner tonight ....Loved it...Great flavor and WW friendly....I served it on a bed of spinach with roasted tomatoes and baked red potatoes on the side...will make again no question..I marinated only 30 minutes and it was awesome...thanks for sharing !!!