Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love oysters, raw, cooked, smoked or any way I can get them. Pan fried is easy, fast and really good. I can eat this by myself easily. Maybe I should double or triple this??
- 1 pint medium oyster, defrosted and drained
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons dried, chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- lemon juice
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Dredge oysters in this and let sit on paper 5 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter until sizzling hot.
- Add oysters.
- Brown lightly 30-40 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately with lemon juice or tartar sauce.
Fantastic. Instead of cornmeal I used Italian bread crumbs. Mixed the garlic in with the dried ingredients. I prepared the oysters ahead of time and put on waxed paper and in the frig for an hour before cooking. I cooked them longer than 40 seconds, wanting to be sure they were fully cooked. They tasted great. Will cook again, and again.
Great technique. I subbed bread crumbs for cornmeal (didn't have) and also added a little Old Bay seasoning to the flour mixture.Thanks for recipe.
I added some cajun seasoning to mine. I wasn't sure when to add the minced garlic so it went it with the oysters. The oysters I used were quite large and I think this would have been better if I had cut them in half. Thanks for sharing this very quick and easy recipe.