Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so simple I feel a little foolish posting it but it was so good served with Fried Liver
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 12 mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- Pam cooking spray
- salt & pepper
- Lightly spray a skillet with Pam.
- Add onions and Mushrooms cook over medium heat stirring frequently for apprx 20 minutes or until the onions & mushrooms are golden.
- Add vermouth and stir to get all the brown off the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt & pepper.
Sooo tasty and healthy! The onions become carmelized and the mushrooms tender. This is a wonderful size - especially with marinated steak! One of my favorites. Thanks!
Delicious recipe. Easy to make. I usually add 1 tsp sugar to frying mushrooms or onions to help with the browning but I didn't need to with this recipe. I served them with steak, home fried potatoes, and peas and carrots. Thanks for posting the recipe for beginner cooks, or those who need a refresher on how to cook mushrooms and onions (I was having a senior moment).