Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not yet tried this recipe. It looks great but I have been wondering about the nutritional content. Let me know if you try it out before me!
- 8 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1 lb large scallop, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook noodles as indicated on package, and drain well. I use a salad spinner to get noodles dry enough for stir-fry, I imagine this would work here as well.
- Place corn meal in a small dish and coat the well dried scallops with it.
- Heat 1 TBS of the peanut oil in a skillet and add the scallops. Cook 3 minutes on each side until or until they are golden brown. Remove from pan, but keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 TBS of peanut oil in the skillet and add noodles, patting them into an even layer. Cook them 3 minutes or until brown, shaking the pan occasionally, turn noodles and cook another 3 minutes until browned. Put noodles on serving platter.
- Heat sesame oil add green onions, ginger and garlic, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and oyster sauce and cook 1 minute, just to heat through. Drizzle the sauce over the noodles and place scallops on top.