Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is another quick meal that I received by email from Lee Kum Kee.
- 4 ounces zucchini, julienne
- 2 ounces carrots, julienne
- 4 ounces squash, julienne (banana, acorn, etc.)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 8 ounces tri-tip steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Cook the chow mein noodles according to package directions.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet and fry the noodles until they are brown and crisp. Remove to serving platter.
- Stir-fry beef slices in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, Oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir-fry until heated through.
- Pour over noodles and serve.