Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was out of one of my old cookbooks that was put together by the employees at a company I use to work for back in the 80's...it's out of business but I still enjoy the recipe...it makes a great side dish when you can't think of something else quick and easy to prepare...
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced (optional)
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in 10 inch skillet, over medium high heat, add diced onion and minced garlic, saute lightly until the onion is tender. (if using green pepper add it here).
- Add noodles and stir to mix in onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until noodles are crispy around the edges and light brown.
These were just OK for us. We didn't feel that they had much taste to them. I added more butter and that still didn't help. I topped it with some cheddar cheese and that helped some.
Perfect for lunch! I halved the recipe and had enough for 2 lunch size servings. (Not as sides). We really enjoyed the flavors. So easy to make, but very flavorful. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.