Recipe by English_Rose
Delicious and impressive yet easy appetizer served with mixed salad leaves and fruity chutney! I like using cranberry sauce to ofset the saltyness of the ham.
Top Review by Merlot
If you are looking for a salad that will impress your guests, than this is it!!!! Very elegant! We loved the combination of ingredients from the saltiness of the prosciutto and the sweetness of the cranberry sauce. This is a winner, English_Rose.
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 -6 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- mixed salad green
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the mozzarella into four equal portions.
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto (or more if needed)around each portion of mozzarella making sure it is well covered and secure with toothpicks.
- Season all the parcels with pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a shallow non stick frying pan.
- Add the mozzarella parcels and pan fry until the prosciutto is starting to brown and go slighly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
- Dress salad leaves in the balsamic vinegar, tossing well to distibute evenly.
- Arrange salad on a plate and top with parcels.
- Serve with chutney or fruit sauce.