Recipe by Sonya01
The oranges and mint in this low-fat Moroccan chicken will add zing to your dinner. The prep time includes 30min marinating time.
Top Review by brquilter
Delicious! The family really liked it! I did leave out the peppers, as the kids don't like spicy, but I realized as I was serving it that there was no salt in the recipe. We didn't miss it! The marinade really flavored the meat, even tho I didn't marinate the full 30 min. I didn't have sultanas or pine nuts, so I used craisins and almonds. I dumped them in on top of the chicken cooking on its second side.
- 1 red chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons sultanas
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 40 ml olive oil
- 800 g chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange, halved, sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chilli, chilli flakes, garlic, lemon juice, cinnamon, cumin, sultanas, pine nuts, half the olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frypan. Add the chicken pieces and cook on one side for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Turn over, add the orange slices and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Stir through the mint. Serve with couscous and some low-fat yoghurt.