Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat but tasty fish dinner from Fern and Phil Vickery TV chef.
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coriander, fresh chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (5 ounce) haddock fillets
- 85 g watercress, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Blend the herbs, lemon zest, juice, garlic and cumin with 1 tsp olive oil, seasoning and water.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan, season the haddock and place in the pan, skin side down.
- Cook for 4 minutes over a high heat, until golden. Turn and cook same as other side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the fish in pan for 5 min, until flesh is cooked through.
- Place the fish on a bed of watercress and pour the lemon sauce over.
- You can serve with couscous or rice.
My boyfriend and I worked together on this recipe, and this was our experience:
This recipe was very disappointing. We were skeptical when the recipe told us to add the lemon & herb mixture to 2 cups of water, and with good reason: we ended up with a watery broth that the recipe was instructing us to pour over the fish - which didn't make sense to us at all. We felt it would have made more sense to cook the fish in the broth rather than pour it over top.
So we tried it.
The problem is: we tasted the broth, while the fish was boiling in it, and it tasted horrible! Needless to say we did our best to salvage the fish before it could be completely tainted. The flavors of the garlic, lemon and herbs did not compliment each other.
Take one bad taste, add a set of ambiguous instructions and one spoiled dinner: and you get a recipe we will never attempt or recommend ever again.
Take our advice: stay away from this recipe!