Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was just about to post this recipe and one other came up as nearly the same, although that one is broiled and missing the olive oil. It is a very good dish and the sauce works well with rice. I should try it broiled too, but I don't know if the pan sauce would be as good without the catch from the chicken. The original WW recipe is this one, plus 2 tbs olive oil. This is WW POINTS: 4 Exchanges: 3 Very Lean Meat.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken, and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in vinegar, honey, and basil; cook an additional 1 minute.
This just didn't do it for me or for my husband. We tried it with pasta and it still didn't help.
This chicken tastes great and is so simple to prepare. A few ingredients that pack a lot of flavor!
I was very pleasantly surprised. This was quite tasty and gets extra points for being both easy and WW friendly. I used thin-sliced chicken breasts and dried basil. (Thought I had fresh but was mistaken.) It was fine with the dried basil. Thanks for sharing.