Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the inside of a heavy pan with olive oil and place over medium-low heat.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise, then again crossways into 3 or 4 inch pieces.
- Rub the cut surfaces with the garlic and brush with oil.
- Arrange as many pieces as will fit in the pan, weighing them down with a bacon press.
- Cook about 5 minutes until underside of bread is browned.
- Turn bread and repeat cooking process for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all slices are browned.
- Keep warm in the oven on low heat.