Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful and flavorful dish that you can choose a variety of fish such as flounder, cod, trout, snapper, etc. Great served with fresh steamed veggies and steamed rice.
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
Fish Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs flounder fillets (or cod)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (or 1/2 cup panko mixed with 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- LEMON BUTTER SAUCE: Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce and simmer until the mixture is somewhat syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute. Over low heat, whisk in the butter a few pats at a time. Continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated into the sauce. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to use.
- FISH: Mix fish spice blend ingredients together. Season both the fish and flour with spices and dredge the fish in the seasoned flour or panko/almond mixture, coating completely.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the fish to the saute pan, pan-frying for about 4 minutes on each side.
- SERVE: Drizzle some lemon butter sauce on each plate. Top with fish and drizzle more sauce over top of fish. Top with fresh parsley.
This was fantastic!!!!!!!!!It tasted like a dish from a five-star restaurant. I used tilapia and it turned out great. The sauce was wonderful. Like another viewer, I'm going to try to freeze my leftover sauce. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Fabulous recipe! The sauce was easy to make and the spice rub was very flavorful. My husband loved it even though he's not a big fan of cod. Spicing the fish AND the flour is a great technique. This is a keeper! Thank you!
Omg!!! All I can say, Lol. I made this tonight for dinner and it was hit in my house. My husband really enjoyed it!! I will suggest this to anyone