Any firm white fish will do for this recipe. Snapper or shark is especially good. Use bottled horseradish if you can’t get fresh but make sure it’s a hot sharp one, not a creamy mild one. Aussie tablespoons contain 4 teaspoons.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well and cut into thick slices.
- Combine the 1/3 cup olive oil, lime juice, zest, garlic and horseradish. Season very well.
- Pour 2/3 of this over the potato slices mixing lightly so as not to break them up.
- Divide the potatoes between 4 plates.
- Heat a little extra olive oil in a medium hot pan and cook the fish until just done (all this depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- Arrange the fish on the potato slices and drizzle the rest of the dressing over each serve. Serve with lime wedges on the side.