Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This really perks up the flavor of seafood. It can also be used on shrimp of oysters. The flavor is rich and just superb.
- 4 white fish fillets, any white fish will do nicely
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash mace
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- Dust the fish, oysters, or shrimp in the mixture and shake off the excess.
- Dunk it in a cup of milk or buttermilk and dip it again.
- Fry immediately in a small amount of canola oil with about one pat of butter.
We really liked this fish! This was easy and tasty. I would say it was very salty! I wonder if the tablespoon of salt was a type error or just a salty preference. I think I'll reduce it to a teaspoon next time. I used regular salt instead of celery salt and black pepper instead of white and lemon pepper. I'd like to try it with all the real ingredients next time to see how it's different. It made for a happy husband!