Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The catch of the day is dipped in a crispy cornmeal batter and pan fried. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Make and share this Pan-Fried Cornmeal Batter Fish recipe from Food.com.
- in 9" pie pan stir together all ingredients except cornmeal, fish and oil.
- on waxed paper place cornmeal, dip fish into batter, then coat both sides of fish with cornmeal.
- in 10" skittle heat oil until hot.
- place 3 or 4 fish fillets in hot oil.
- cook over med heat until golden brown.
- turn and continue cooking until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork.
- repeat with remaining fish, place fried fish on paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.
This breading is crunchy and has a great flavor. Made with Blue Gill and Walleye.
Just used this with tilapia, it turned out great. It had a light and sweet flavor, the crust turned out gorgeous, golden, and crisp. Will definitely be adding it to my favorite fish coating recipes.
Loved it! Used with Atlantic Cod fish, so pretty cheap, but tasted like I bought the good stuff. Definitely will feed 4. My husband and 22yr old son are big eaters and there was 2 big filets left.