Recipe by daisygrl64
The catch of the day is dipped in a crispy cornmeal batter and pan fried. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by D Marshall
My husband just used this recipe and we liked it. He says the key is to use a cast iron skillet. The great thing is you can add spices to your liking. He only cooked 2 Flounder filets and had left over batter. He mixed some corn meal and sugar in it, and made some hush puppies.
- 2 lbs fish fillets (of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- in 9" pie pan stir together all ingredients except cornmeal, fish and oil.
- on waxed paper place cornmeal, dip fish into batter, then coat both sides of fish with cornmeal.
- in 10" skittle heat oil until hot.
- place 3 or 4 fish fillets in hot oil.
- cook over med heat until golden brown.
- turn and continue cooking until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork.
- repeat with remaining fish, place fried fish on paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.