Recipe by CocoaVan
If you like Hot German Potato Salad then you'll like this warm coleslaw side dish. I originally got this recipe from Cooking Light but I've modified it for my family's own taste. You can omit the salt if desired or add it at the table.
- 2 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 small green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet cook bacon on medium high until crisp; remove bacon and set aside, leaving bacon drippings in skillet.
- In remaining bacon drippings cook cabbage and green onions on medium high for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often to make sure cabbage gets cooked evenly.
- Add sugar, cider vinegar, water, celery seeds, and salt (if desired) to cabbage.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Crumble reserved bacon over cabbage mixture and serve warm.