I just love this dressing over fish. Use any kind of firm, large flaking, fish fillets you can get.
Make and share this Pan Fried Cod with Asian Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 60 ml light soy sauce
- 40 ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch five-spice powder
- 40 ml sesame oil (original recipe uses double this but I think it kills the flavour of the fish)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely shredded
- 1 red chile, very finely chopped
FOR THE FISH
- 6 blue-eye cod fish fillets (175-225g each)
- plain flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To make the dressing, boil the soy sauce, vinegar and 5 spice powder together.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Mix the spring onions with the chilli.
- Lightly coat the fish fillets with seasoned flour.
- Heat the knob of butter in a fry pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until cooked.
- Reheat the dressing and add the onions and chilli-cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve the fish with the dressing spooned over.