1/2 Photos of Pan Fried Cod with Asian Dressing
I just love this dressing over fish. Use any kind of firm, large flaking, fish fillets you can get.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 ml light soy sauce
- 40 ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch five-spice powder
- 40 ml sesame oil (original recipe uses double this but I think it kills the flavour of the fish)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely shredded
- 1 red chile, very finely chopped
FOR THE FISH
- 1To make the dressing, boil the soy sauce, vinegar and 5 spice powder together.
- 2Remove from the heat, mix in the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Mix the spring onions with the chilli.
- 5Lightly coat the fish fillets with seasoned flour.
- 6Heat the knob of butter in a fry pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until cooked.
- 7Reheat the dressing and add the onions and chilli-cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- 8Serve the fish with the dressing spooned over.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Fried Cod with Asian Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 822.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar