Very easy, simple and tasty dish. The locals make it this way (so I think it's a Norwegian recipe!) and we loved it! Each time any of the students from the college go fishing and if they do catch a cod, they always come over and ask me to make them this dish! The cooking time doesn't include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 120 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 125 g plain flour, seasoned well
- 4 cod fish fillets or 4 any firm white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
For the braised potatoes with peas
- 1In a plate add the breadcrumbs and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper and give it a good mix.
- 2Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat lightly together.
- 3In a separate bowl, add the flour and season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Dip a fish fillet first in the flour, then in the egg and, finally, in the breadcrumb mixture and continue with all the fillets.
- 5Cover and refrigerate the fish for up to 2 hours before cooking.
- 6To make the braised potatoes with peas, steam the potatoes over a pan of boiling, salted water, covered with a lid, for about 20 minutes until they are tender.
- 7In a saucepan heat the olive oil with 1 tbsp of butter over a medium heat and fry the onion until soft for about 10 minutes.
- 8Add the peas and toss well.
- 9Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Add the potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir to combine.
- 12To fry the fish, heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- 13Put the fish in the pan and cook gently for about 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until lightly golden.
- 14To serve, pour the braised potatoes and peas in a shallow bowl and sprinkle chopped mint leaves on top and serve the fish on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Cod Served With Braised Potatoes and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (1014 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2323.0
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 486.4 mg
- Sodium 1265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 317.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.8 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 135.5 g