Very easy, simple and tasty dish. The locals make it this way (so I think it's a Norwegian recipe!) and we loved it! Each time any of the students from the college go fishing and if they do catch a cod, they always come over and ask me to make them this dish! The cooking time doesn't include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 120 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 125 g plain flour, seasoned well
- 4 cod fish fillets or 4 any firm white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
For the braised potatoes with peas
- 1In a plate add the breadcrumbs and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper and give it a good mix.
- 2Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat lightly together.
- 3In a separate bowl, add the flour and season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Dip a fish fillet first in the flour, then in the egg and, finally, in the breadcrumb mixture and continue with all the fillets.
- 5Cover and refrigerate the fish for up to 2 hours before cooking.
- 6To make the braised potatoes with peas, steam the potatoes over a pan of boiling, salted water, covered with a lid, for about 20 minutes until they are tender.
- 7In a saucepan heat the olive oil with 1 tbsp of butter over a medium heat and fry the onion until soft for about 10 minutes.
- 8Add the peas and toss well.
- 9Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Add the potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir to combine.
- 12To fry the fish, heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- 13Put the fish in the pan and cook gently for about 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until lightly golden.
- 14To serve, pour the braised potatoes and peas in a shallow bowl and sprinkle chopped mint leaves on top and serve the fish on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Cod Served With Braised Potatoes and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (1014 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2323.0
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 486.4 mg
- Sodium 1265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 317.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.8 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 135.5 g