1/18 Photos of Pan-Fried Chicken Schnitzel-Style
This is an adaption of the usual veal Schnitzel that makes it more affordable in my house. I think that it's just as good and it doesn't take all that long either. By all means use fresh herbs if you have them but I have to use dried because I can't grow them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, dry
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (thyme, basil, rosemary, and or or chives, OR 3 Tbsp chopped fresh if available )
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed for sauteeing
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1Whisk eggs and mix with milk.
- 2Mix the chopped herbs with the bread crumbs.
- 3Cut each chicken breast in half (widthwise to make them thin) and place between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them evenly with a butcher’s mallet until they are 1/8 of an inch thick.
- 4Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- 5Lightly coat each piece with all purpose flour.
- 6Dip each piece in the egg wash and then coat each piece with the herbed bread crumbs.
- 7Heat a pan to medium heat and sauté the chicken in olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- 8Serve with a wedges of fresh lemon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Chicken Schnitzel-Style
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.2 mg
- Sodium 446.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: