Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very rich dish. I made it the other night for the family and we loved it. It is a little like alfredo sauce over fried chicken. That's the best description I can give you. Don't eat this if you don't/can't eat lots of fat. It is completely out of this world though. I hope those of you brave enough to try it enjoy it as much as I do.
- Preheat your skillet on medium low, dip chicken pieces in egg and then dredge with flour.
- After all chicken has been floured, add butter to the pan, allow to butter to melt adjusting heat as necessary to keep butter from burning.
- Add all the chicken to the pan and allow to cook on medium for approximately five minutes.
- Then flip to cook the other side.
- After chicken has been cooked, remove from pan and add cream, basil, and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Turn heat down to low and stir to make sure the pan drippings are well distributed throughout the pan.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, place freshly cooked pasta, then add the chicken, when sauce is finished pour it evenly over entire dish.
- Grate approximately 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese over the dish.
- Serve hot.
I thought I'd better re-review...I was typing in near darkness. % stars from all in the family! Only thing I did was to add a little salt and pepper to the sauce. This was absolutely delicious. The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to use a sturdier pasta. I used fresh angel hair and it clumped up after I put the sauce on it. We had a simple lettuce/tomato salad on the side. I'll definitely be making this again! Thanks!
I didn't dredge the chicken in flour, instead I used parm cheese to cut carbs. I also added chicken stock and garlic to the cream sauce to boost the flavor. I think if I make this again, I'll mix the parm into the cream sauce rather than serve it atop. Instead of pasta, I added lots of broccoli in with the chicken.
My Mother Loved this!!! I was not crazy about the Basil flavor being so strong. I would season a little different next time. But my Mother wants me to fix it next time she visits!