Best comfort food and a great appetizer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour oil in large, deep cast iron skillet or 4 quart saucepan to reach depth of 2". Heat oil over medium-high heat until deep fry thermometer registers 340 degrees.
- 2Soak livers in buttermilk for 5 minutes.
- 3Combine flour, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning in a small baking dish.
- 4Drain livers; drredge each liver in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour; transfer to a plate.
- 5Fry livers in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Transfer livers to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with hot sauce like Frank's or Crystal, blue cheese dressing and/or ranch dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 787.3 mg
- Sodium 5366.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 55.1 g