Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon of the fronds
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel and fronds, celery, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the Parmesan.
- Quarter the tomatoes, add them to the bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs (letting any excess drip off), and finally in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Transfer the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- As each cutlet is done, transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel. Divide the chicken among individual plates and serve with the fennel salad.